Ability to carry out independently overhauling, alignment & troubleshooting of centrifugal
and reciprocating compressors, Centrifugal and Reciprocating Pumps, Gear Boxes, Belt
Conveyors, Screw conveyors, Vibratory screens, Pneumatic Conveying System,
Pneumatic Cylinders, Hydraulic Power packs, Hydraulic cylinders, etc.
• Possess Basic knowledge of condition monitoring of rotating equipment. Must have the ability to read and interpret hydraulic and pneumatic control circuit diagrams.
• Ability to read drawings and instructions, to install/remove, overhaul rotating equipment or
• Ability to set, align and install/remove rotating equipment or parts.
• Ability to troubleshoot and analyze equipment problems, and to request required spare
• Carryout day to day plant maintenance work independently.
• Implement mechanical preventive maintenance, follow established procedures and record
• Ability to drive forklifts as per Qatalum lifting regulations is preferred.
• In addition to his normal jobs, he should assist and participate in other maintenance
Minimum two to six years experience as a Mechanical Technician in Aluminum smelters,
Petrochemical Plant or heavy industry.
• Ability to perform work normally performed by this craft independently.
• Exposure to Aluminum smelters or power plants will be an added advantage.
Fluent knowledge of the English language (Speak, Read and Write).
• Certification from High School.
• Three years technical engineering diploma in mechanical engineering (polytechnic/HND)
will be preferred or
• Two years relevant trade certificate with relevant more years of experience (ITI/ND) from
Residence, Accommodation, etc are required by the company.